
Eleven years ago today I made a decision that forever changed my life in ways too wonderful for words...I became Mrs. Brandon Davis. As we celebrate our eleventh anniversary, I thought that it would be nice to visit all that has happened in the last eleven years (complete with a collage of pictures)...
- We have lived in Logansport, West Lafayette, and Lafayette. Although there have been opportunities outside of Indiana, we have been blessed with the option of remaining close to our families.
- I've been a waitress, tutor, and teacher. I have taught in four different schools and a huge variety of grades and subjects.
- Brandon has worked at the Logansport State Hospital and Purdue University. He's attended IUK and Purdue.
- I received my Master's degree in 2003.
- Brandon received his Bachelor's degree in 2003 and his PhD. last weekend.
- We've both lost our grandfathers...truly wonderful men, fathers, and grandpas. We've also experieced the loss of other friends and family members including my Aunt Janet and Cousin Kacy and Brandon's friend Brad.
- We've had friends and family members experience tragedy and illness.
- We experience great joy at being Aunt and Uncle to Riley.
- We were blessed with the ninety minutes we got to spend with our son, Holden Christopher. Although he was taken from us too soon, we felt in an instant how fortunate we were to be his parents.
- We have formed friendships that will last a lifetime.
- By far our best happening...we are parents to an amazing little boy. Carter is the answer to our prayers. He's daddy's little buddy and mommy's baby boy. We can't imagine life without him!
Tonight we celebrated with dinner and a movie. Kara and Riley came over and babysat for us. I'll include more pictures of Carter and Riley later.
We have had a wonderful eleven years. Here's to health, happiness, laughter, and love.


No comments:
Post a Comment