As soon as Julie left, Brandon came home from work so that he could go out to eat with all of us. Granny and Great-Granny returned, and we decided to go to Grindstone Charley's for dinner. Carter has been doing a great job of sleeping when our food comes, so right on cue he fell asleep while we ate only to wake up right before we left the restaurant. The only emergency of the whole evening was that Carter dropped his pacifier and it fell into a mysterious spot...so mysterious that we never found it. Even Brandon crawled under the table looking for it. Once he got on all fours, I was of no help because I was trying to hide my laughter at the sight of Carter's Daddy crawling around. Just goes to show you what parents will do for their children! :)
We had so much going on yesterday that today has been a pretty lazy day. Granny and Great-Granny stopped by with some presents from Aunt Amy...diapers, formula, and fruit. We can't wait until he can try out the bananas! I guess the excitement had been too much for Carter because while napping in his swing today I found him with his blankie pulled up over his face. He even had taken care to keep one hand and his pacifier in between him and the blanket so that it didn't touch his face. I can almost imagine him saying, "Stay out world. I need a break!"
We have an exciting weekend planned with part of the weekend spent at home and the other part spent with family and friends. We'll post more about that later. We wish you a wonderfully restful weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment