- "Lori, did you find the phone book, so that I can order pizza?" Mom asked this as I was feeding one twin, giving the pacifier to the other twin, and holding both of them. I'm not sure when she thought I had the time or hands to look for the phone book. I think Mom brought me along to "Baby Boot Camp" to see if I could handle my own baby due to arrive in 10 weeks. Even though, I didn't have time to find the phone book, I think I passed her test.
- Riley ran into the living room and announced, "I've changed my mind." He found that this little girl was more suitable as marriage material than the girl in his class, so the prior wedding plans are off.
- Mom, Kara, and I spent several minutes trying to figure out which baby had the stinky pants. We even blamed Mom at one point only to find out that the awful smell was coming from the prettiest little girl. I guess dangerous things do come in small (and cute) packages.
- Watching Riley interact with the babies. He sang to them when they cried, helped hold their bottles at feeding time, and wanted to help change diapers. He said to me, "Aunt Lori, when your baby gets here, I will be a good big brother." Even though Riley and Baby Davis will be cousins, I am sure that Riley will be the best "Big Brother" the baby could ask for.
- Spending time with Mom and Kara.
- Getting to dream about holding my own baby soon.
What a wonderful Saturday!


No comments:
Post a Comment