Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving, Basketball, and So Much More

It seems to be my pattern lately, but I am once again going to cram two weeks worth of stuff into one post. Here goes....

Two weeks ago my principal was honored as the 2008 District Four Principal of the Year. His wonderful wife, Jen, and five teachers went to the awards dinner in Indy. What a fantastic award for someone that has brought dedication, optimism, and a "Kids First" mentality to our school. Congratulations Neal!

Jen and Neal...................Deb, Lesly, Me, Neal, Kit, and Katherine

We spent the Thanksgiving weekend with family, friends, and having fun. Our time went something like this...

Thursday: Lunch at Aunt Nancy's where Carter's new floppy hat was a hit.


Then off to Aunt Andi and Uncle Rich's for Thanksgiving Dinner.

Friday: The high school I graduated from made it to the football finals at the new Lucas Oil Stadium, so all of us had to go and cheer for the Kings. Unfortunately they lost by three points, but we had a great time being with Mom, Dad, Kara, Tim, and Riley. We all had matching shirts and loved seeing lots of people from "home". Thank you Mom and Dad for a wonderful evening full of fantastic memories! (I forgot my camera at home and bought a disposable one at the stadium. I will post pictures once I have it developed.)

Saturday: Brandon, Carter, and I went and had our first family Christmas picture taken. I can't wait to receive them. Carter had the cutest faces.

We then went to visit Uncle Tom and Aunt Betty. They hadn't seen Carter since May. He sure has grown tons since then.

We then stopped by Granny Susan's house and then went to Memaw and Pepaw's for a much needed nap.

Sunday: All of my Mom's family went to church together. 7:30 a.m. Mass sure came early, but it was so nice attending as a huge family. We all prayed for my Aunt Brenda, who has been diagnosed with cancer and has had some recent medical emergencies. I would appreciate it if y'all would keep her in your prayers too. We then went back to Mom and Dad's for a brunch that my mom prepared. Yummy! My Uncle Tim from California and my cousin, Beth, from Alabama even made it for the weekend.

Doesn't Carter look suave in his new sweater?

Carter even got to see his first snow! You can barely see the flakes on his hat in this picture.

Daddy and Carter even found time to play the "raspberry game". It is too cute to see them both raspberrying!

We then got to spend the evening and eat pizza with Granny. She drove over to see us and we loved being able to visit and play.
Now that I've caught you up to date, here's my delayed posting of what I am thankful for:
  • a wonderful husband and fabulous son...First there was us, then we were blessed with Carter, now we have everything!
  • our health...sometimes we're reminded how easily it can be taken away
  • our families...moms, a dad, and sisters that love us tremendously
  • our extended families and our wonderful friends...no matter how far apart we are, we think of you often
  • my students, the staff, and our school community
  • a fantastic day care "mom" for Carter
  • hot chocolate with tons of whipped cream
  • a good book on a quiet evening
  • date nights

We wish you much love and happiness. See you in two weeks! :)

No comments: