Sunday, November 23, 2008

Our Longest Post Ever

In order to capture the last three weeks in a short amount of time, I am doing a really long post full of pictures...hang on, here we go.

Mister President


I hadn't expressed my political views on our blog before. I teach an election unit. It was important to me that all of my students looked at the candidates, thought about their decision, and voted for the person they felt best expressed their views and opinions. I didn't want them to see my blog and in anyway taint their decision, but my mind was made up!



Brandon and I were so excited to vote this year and to watch the election results roll in. For the first time in my voting history, I felt like I had the power to select a person that could change our current path. I want Carter to grow up in a country and time of endless possibilities, of peace and prosperity, of good will and honor, of respect and responsibility. I feel like Barack Obama is the person to ensure this kind of reality for my son. We will watch inauguration day with a sense of optimism and excitement for the future.


Boiler Up!


We celebrated the last regular season football game by dressing Carter in his Purdue sweatsuit. He must've been good luck because Purdue won by a huge number of points. The IU fan in me was crying, but I was very happy for Coach Tiller to go out on such an amazing victory.



Friends and Family







Friday, we had a visit with Jenelle. She is the daughter of my best friend, Julie. I met Julie when Jenelle was in the second grade. She has now finished college, is a PTA at a new hospital in Lafayette, and is engaged to a nice young man. Talk about feeling old. I don't think that Brandon felt old until Jenelle mentioned that (Tom and Julie's other children) Kyndra is a senior, Chase gets his license soon, and Chance just turned ten. Then Brandon felt old. I know that he was thinking of the first time we babysat them. They were all so little and Chance wasn't even a glimmer.

We have also spent time over the last three weeks visiting with our families.









Fun, Fun, Fun

We have had lots of opportunities for fun. Carter got to spend the night at Memaw's and Pepaw's. Riley got to spend the night at our house and both boys got to play in the tub. Carter also got to go to his first talent show.







Some of the teachers at my school were part of the talent show. Carter got to have
his picture taken with the lovely ladies. Carter loved Kit's hair!


Carter has also been crawling up a storm. Here's Daddy trying to keep up.





This is so fun, I just have to laugh!



Fashion Forward

What do you do when your baby moves too fast after his diaper change? You create a new fashion craze of course! Carter probably thought that his onesie looked better as tails anyway. Now he's ready for his first tux.

Precious Memories

Carter said his first official word on Friday. He has been making a series of sounds...da da, ma ma, hey, etc. but never made them to anyone in particular. On Friday, we were out in the kitchen when Brandon came home. As he opened the door Carter's face lit up and he said Da Da, Da Da. I could've cried. Of course this morning I tried to get him to point and say Ma Ma. Instead he turned toward me, smiled and said Da Da. Figures! :)


1 comment:

The Browands said...

You're so lucky - we're still waiting for real words from John. I'm not sure mamamamamama when you're hurt counts, or squealing when you see Meg. He is becoming quite proficient at baby sign, so surely talking can't be too far behind.

I can't believe Carter is getting so big - what a sweet boy!

And...aren't you happy Indiana went blue? We can't wait for 1/20 either. I am considering taking a personal day so I can watch it all at home, we'll see!