Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Amazing Sister

Kara...wife, mother, aunt, sister, daughter, granddaughter, niece, friend...AMAZING!

I am truly blessed to have the most amazing sister. As kids we shared everything...a room, a bathroom, a car, and occasionally a boyfriend :) Now I am so lucky to call Kara not only my sister but also my friend.

I got to witness her in such a wonderful moment last weekend. A couple of months ago Kara found out that a friend of hers from high school had been diagnosed with a life threatening illness. Kara immediately started planning a benefit for him. She contacted other high school friends, contacted the local papers, called radio stations, found a place to hold the event, found a DJ, gathered items for a silent auction, printed fliers, and sent tons of emails. On Saturday, Brandon and I went to the event not only to see Chad (Kara's friend) and donate to such a worthy cause, but also to support Kara. I saw in her such a kind spirit, a giving soul, and an unbelievable heart.

I think that she often fails to see in herself all that we, her family, see in her. Because of her efforts she raised $1200.00 for a former classmate. How easy it would've been to say how sorry she was to hear of his illness and walk the other way, but how wonderful for him and his family that she didn't. I am in awe of all that she does and what a wonderful person she has become. Kara, I am truly blessed to be on your "team"! Everyday you make me proud to call you my sister, my friend!

3 comments:

Trina said...

I second the amazing person that she is! Love to all!

Unknown said...

And I'll third it!
We love you guys and can't wait to get home for Christmas!

Kara said...

Through life I have strived to be more like you because in my eyes you are amazing. I am very blessed to have you as my sister , and I thank you for all that you have done for me and how you have help mold me into the person that I am today. I love you very much!!