
Needless to say life is never what you expect it to be...it is so much better.
On Thursday, April 3rd at 3:55 a.m. Carter Matthew was welcomed into the world with quite a flurry of excitement. That big cry that we wanted to hear never came and instead we were greeted with the sounds of suctioning, people scurrying, and small whimpers. Carter had some respiratory problems that allowed him to take his first helicopter ride while just a couple of hours old. He was Lifelined to Clarian North Hospital - Riley North where we spent seven days in the NICU. While it is not a place that anyone wants to be, Brandon and I can't say enough nice things about the staff, facility, and care that Carter received. Those people know how to treat babies and families. I found open arms around every corner and was offered services that I never expected to receive. As adoptive parents they did everything they could to make our stay comfortable and informative. I will post more about the wonderful people we met later.

We arrived home yesterday around 12:30 p.m. and have spent the last several hours getting in to the swing of things. Carter is such a blessing to us and we are still so honored to be his parents. While he is only 8 days old, we cannot remember our life without him and wonder how we ever existed happily without his beautiful face.
I have tons of pictures and will try to post more soon. Until then we wish you as much happiness and love as we feel right now.
Love,
Brandon, Lori, and Carter


2 comments:
Congratulations!
Mrs. D:
We're so happy for all of you! He's beautiful, and we're glad he's home and safe with you both now.
Enjoy every single minute!
Congratulations from our family to yours!
Chris & Steve Chapman & family
Post a Comment