Dear Carter,
You are sleeping right now, and I just peeked in and watched you...such a handsome little boy. Today we will celebrate your third birthday. I just wanted to take a few minutes to let you know how honored I am to be your mommy and what a blessing you are to Daddy and I. There are times when I can't believe that you have grown up so quickly. I wonder where the little boy is that we brought home from the hospital. You have always been so very determined. You rolled over when you were only 8 days old. You sat up early, crawled early, and walked early. Always so determined to get somewhere quicker. The NICU nurses called you feisty. While your independence and determination sometimes drive us crazy, I am confident that these qualities will serve you well in the future. Today I was telling you about what your daddy and I were doing three years ago. You said, "Mommy was I in your belly?" I hope that you will always remember my answer... "Carter you were not in my belly. You were growing in my heart. Every time I felt you kick, my heart grew. Every time I saw you on the ultrasound screen, my heart grew. Every time I dreamed of holding you, singing to you, and giving you sweet baby kisses, my heart grew. I have loved you from the moment I found out about you." What you don't quite understand yet is that there is someone special that mommy thinks of everyday as well. Without her, we wouldn't have you. Today as we celebrate your birthday, I will also be celebrating all that she has given us. In you, I see our future. You are a bright young man with so many positive things ahead of you. You are loved and supported by so many people and today we are all saying, "Happy Birthday Carter Matthew!"
I Love You!Mommy


No comments:
Post a Comment